DIY of the day: Pictures in heart-shaped frame

by

Final heart shaped pics

Hey there!!

Happy Monday to everyone!

Did you like the idea above? So, let’s make it together!! It is a simple yet very good-looking idea for decorating the walls in your home, arranging the pictures you love in the shape of a romantic heart that gives a touch of warmth and personalization to your favorite room!

The tutorial is super-easy – here is what you need:

• nr. 69 pictures printed 10cm x 10cm in size
  • cork roll (at least 1,20 mt x 1,00 mt)
  • the FREE DOWNLOADLE pattern I made for you to reproduce on cork roll
  • hot glue, photo tape, spray glue, or whatever allows you to glue pictures onto cork

cork roll

Senza titoloStart printing the FREE DOWNLOADLE pattern and reproduce it TEN TIMES higher onto the cork (so that final width will be 1,10 mt and height 0,80 mt). Be careful because in the upper portion of the heart shape the widths can sometimes be narrower, I had to design it so in order to make the final shape work perfectly. Now take out your scissors and start cutting the heart shape out the cork.

Done? Well, now simply glue your favorite pictures (previously printed in squares 10cm x 10 cm in size) onto the cork heart shape and… hang it on your wall!

This is how it looks in my bedroom:

bedroom

LOVE IT!

I made this decoration for my bedroom wall when we first moved into our flat, shortly after we got married. We wanted something cute yet not too impersonal… and this tells a lot about our long amazing journey together!!! I’m planning to make a smaller one for Minnie’s bedroom, too!

Enjoy and Share the Love,

digital signature WW

Too busy for daily visits to webbywonder.comSubscribe to my RSS feed!
You can also Like me on facebook or Follow me on Twitter and on Pinterest!

You might find me linking up with the following parties:

Email This Page

This post is also available in: Italian

10 Comments on DIY of the day: Pictures in heart-shaped frame

• Webby Wonder
      April 22, 2013 at 19:39 (4 years ago)

Thank you Laurel!!
      I’m a loyal follower of your blog, it’s so great to receive your comment!
      Thanks for stopping by!!

1. Meeha Meeha
    April 23, 2013 at 10:46 (4 years ago)

Looooove the picture heart, I think that placing it above the bed is the best idea because it is so personal ad so inspiring at the same time!

• Webby Wonder
      April 23, 2013 at 11:23 (4 years ago)

Thank you Meeha! 😉
      I’m so glad that you like it, your sweet comment made my day!
      And I agree… the best place to put many private and self-representative pictures is indeed… above your own bed!
      Ciao!

2. Tammy
    April 24, 2013 at 12:15 (4 years ago)

This is so creative and such a great idea. Thank you for sharing at One More Time Events..

• Webby Wonder
      April 24, 2013 at 12:19 (4 years ago)

thanks a lot!!
      Your comment made my day!
      I so love your blog, thanks for stopping by!
      Martina

3. emily
    April 24, 2013 at 14:29 (4 years ago)

pretty!! Thanks so much for taking the time to link up to the Tasteful Tuesday party @Nap-TimeCreations.com. Make sure to follow my blog via bloglovin, GFC or facebook so you don’t miss out on my features posts… it could be YOU :o)
    Emily

• Webby Wonder
      April 24, 2013 at 15:53 (4 years ago)

Hi Emily!!
      Thanks for stopping by!!
      I am a loyal follower of your blog and it would be such a honor being featured!
      Ciao!
      Martina

4. Marie
    April 29, 2013 at 02:39 (4 years ago)

Wow, I love this! I totally want to make one of these walls and now I know how! I’ll be featuring this on my party highlights post this week. :)

• Webby Wonder
      April 29, 2013 at 11:22 (4 years ago)

Marie, thanks a lot!!!
      I love your blog and it would be such a honor being featured!!!
      Hugs and have a great day!!!
      Martina